Posted by RoseBelle | Labels: health benfits of strawberries, Silicon in strawberries, Strawberries and Vitamin C
Strawberries are in season now and every produce store has them neatly displayed with huge bargain signs. As a matter of fact, I saw several stores that were offering buy one get one free deals. Take advantage of the low price and the freshness of strawberries right now to tap in the health benefits of this sweet fruit. Here are some health benefits of strawberries:
1) Good for your skin. Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C which is an antioxidant that stimulates collagen production and reduces damage from free radicals. Free radicals cause skin to age unnecessarily premature.
2) Whiter teeth. Strawberries contain malic acid which is a natural astringent that can help remove discoloration from teeth.
3) Combat the common cold or flu: Eat strawberries as soon as you feel the onset symptoms of the common cold or flu from the following conditions: fevers accompanied by chills, dry cough, painful sore throat, and yellow nasal discharge. In Chinese medical terms, these symptoms mean you have heat in your lungs, eating strawberries will help cool the heat and moistens the lungs.
4) Aide in poor digestion: Eat strawberries before meals to treat poor digestion accompanied by abdominal pain.
5) Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): One of the symptoms associated with infection to the urinary system which consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra is painful urination. Eating strawberries help relieve urinary difficulties and inability to urinate.
6) In addition to vitamin C, strawberries are also rich in silicon which is useful for arterial and all connective tissue repair.
Source: Healing with Whole Foods